Shipwright's Disease - THE CURE? [Was: TR6 Seat Kits]

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumph@io.org
Subject: Shipwright's Disease - THE CURE? [Was: TR6 Seat Kits]
From: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)
Date: Sat, 21 May 1994 17:27:19 -0700
Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org> wrote:

> As far as space goes you can just bring in one set back and base and work
> in a corner of even the smallest apartment.. It's note that messy a job.

> I encourage you to do it yourself. Clean, repaint and rust treat if
> necessary the frames while you have the chance!

Thanks for your encouragement and words of wisdom and thanks to all who
offered advice and suggestions about my transmission and seatcovers.

I wasn't kidding when I wrote that I don't have a kitchen table.

I should explain. A couple of months ago I decided that I was tired of
paying rent to a crummy landlord for a 2 bedroom/2 car garage house.
I started looking for a house to buy. You know, that one bedroom house
with the 4-car garage and lots of workspace that we're all looking for.
Well, I haven't found that house yet, so I'm still looking. I moved out
of the rented house, and were going to put both of my LBCs (Lotus Seven
and the TR6) into storage along with my tools and other earthly goods.
I made a last minute decision to take the TR6 to a shop specializing in
working on British cars, and have them repair all the damage I had done
to the car over the last three years.

So, I'm now living on my boat (33' sailboat) on the San Francisco Bay.
While it's reasonably comfortable, there isn't a whole lot of room for
car parts or for working on LBC projects. Instead, the money that I'm
not using for paying rent is going towards putting the TR6 back on the
road and, if there's any left over, towards the downpayment for
"The Wonderful House", should I ever find it.

Shipwright's Disease - THE CURE?  I don't know, It might work for me.

Do I feel guilty about not doing the work myself?

Nah!

 -- Flemming "call me Captain" Larsen           flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu