Re: Rover panels, Engine Storage

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover panels, Engine Storage
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 94 09:59:48 MDT
> Date:          Fri, 13 May 1994 15:47:20
> From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@postoffice3.mail.cornell.edu>
> Subject:       Re:  Rover panels, Engine Storage

> Another place to be concerned about moisture in storage, is in the sump and
> under rocker covers. Other than fresh oil, I don't know what you could do.

> A suggestion I've seen for medium term storage, is to spray oil into the
> intakes at shutdown, or remove plugs and spray some in the cylinders
I've used the spray oil in the spark plug holes trick.

When you buy a rebuilt engine from the rebuilder, it generally comes
wrapped in polypropolyne sheeting and sealed.  Some have had a drying
agent placed in the plastic wrap (I would worry that this might cause
corrosive fumes. Anybody have any data on this?)

You could also store it in such a way that you could start it every
few months.  That really isn't too difficult.

  Jay