air compressors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: air compressors
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 13 May 94 11:17:25 CDT
I have succumbed to parting with hard earned cash a bought an air compressor.
It' s a 4hp 25g craftsman model. I actually got in second hand. The guy
bought it to paint his kitchen a year ago.

For $275 I got 50 ft of hose, a paint gun, an air ratchet (new unused), and
a few other bits n' pieces. I know new, the model is only $299, but I figure
with all the other goodies it was a fair deal. Now all I need is a sandblaster.

Scott. F I'll be asking you a couple of questions about your set up in a while!

1st general spraying question:
I'm using rustoleum enamel out of a tin. It seems a little thick'n'gooey.
I assume it needs to be thinned. What quantities of thinner/paint do I use?
How do you clean the gun after? Just dunk it in thinner and use a toooth brush?