Yes, T A, there is another Mayflower on the list

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yes, T A, there is another Mayflower on the list
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 09:42:22 EST
 TT 22461 LDL, a 1952 Mayflower *officially imported* by Fergus Motors into
 the
 U.S., lives here outside of Albany, NY. Priscilla, as she is fondly
 referred to, is fairly original in terms of running gear. Talk about the
 dreaded
 PO syndrome, though:
 1. I had to adapt a Herald carb to replace the Weber downdraft from a
 Fiat 850[?] that was on the car when I bought it.
 2. Two S-W gauges were added INTO the dashboard (actual large holes
 cut to make them fit -- not attractive)
 3. Heaven knows what the front bumper is from, but the rear bumper is
 cleverly adapted from a 1951 Chevrolet (I know, because I have one of
 those, too!)
 4. Upholstery, though fairly well done, is best described as
 Early Dinette (over the original and one other layer!)
 5. It was originally black with *blackberry* -- very dark red -- interior.
 Currently, the inside is gray, and the outside is white over a medium
 metallic red, painted by the PO to match a 1959 R-R he owned at the time.
 This
 actually adds to the car, I think, although perhaps carrying to
 extremes the Watch Charm Rolls metaphor!

 I enjoyed very limited driving in it for a couple of years, and it
 actually made it to a few shows (some under its own, limited, power).

 Not a terribly practical car in today's driving environment, but the
 *stare* factor was worth a lot. And, it's a lot more practical to drive
 than was my ex-brother-in-law's Ford Prefect.

 Andy Mace, who now knows what else uses the brake shoes from a Saab 95
 Station Wagon!