'73 MG Midget

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '73 MG Midget
From: Travis Ortlieb <tortlieb@lonestar.utsa.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 20:47:13 -0500 (CDT)
Greetings all,

I bought a '73 MG Midget that needs a bit of work, and now I'm not sure
I have the time (or inclination) to fix this thing back up.

Needs:
-Gas tank
-one wheel
-brake lines
-seats
-top (frame is there)
-paint

The engine (1275) appears ok, though it don't run too good without fuel.  The
engine has spark, but due to the tank, I haven't had a chance to get it
started.  Working Starter, wipers (3), chrome bumpers, windows uncracked, no
dents in body (was primed before it was stored), little rust on body,
except, of course, the trunk where it rusted through.  All guages are
there, and if the odometer is correct (which the PO assured me of, but you
never know) then this thing has a little over 13k on it.  Compression check
showed that the number 4 cylinder was low on compression, oil in cylinder
showed same compression, so we figure its probably a valve.  Needs tires.  Has
new ignition parts (dist cap, plugs, points, rotor).  Has luggage rack.

I have $700 in this, and at this point I'd like to get that out of it, but
then, I'd also like to take this thing out on those Texas Hill Country
roads...

Ah, well, if anybody would like a summer project, make me an offer, and
come and pick it up before I order $300 in parts (Sorry no COD's).

 tortlieb@lonestar.utsa.edu   :|:   It is always the best policy to tell
 DoD#8545    Travis Ortlieb   :|:   the truth, unless, of course, you are
 Univ. of Texas San Antonio   :|:   an exceptionally good liar.
  '80 Yamaha 850 XS           :|:                    --Jerome K. Jerome