Bugeye Grill

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye Grill
From: Andrews Peter F <andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 09:36:55 EST
Well nuts.  I've decided to get the Bugeye on the road by summer, cost be
damned so I just received an order of stuff from Moss.  Ray Gibbons told
me earlier that he had gotten an unacceptable grill from them awhile back
and I'm sad to report that they are still selling them.  I tried to ask
about it while ordering and finally decided that I could always send it
back.

It has decent chrome but it is a two piece stamping welded together.  It
just doesn't look right.  The thin groove at the top only goes 2 inches
or so before disappearing.  And it doesn't fit.  I have three originals
and they fit so this one should have too.  Maybe I could get it to go but
for $234.50 I expected more.

It did say made in the UK on the package though.  Hmmm.  The rear
overriders say made in Taiwan and they look great.

Pete Andrews                    1959 AH Sprite Mk1  AN5L/18575
andrews_pf@salem.ge.com         1961 AH Sprite MK1  AN5L/44591