Fading Brake Pedal

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fading Brake Pedal
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 16:15:18 -0500 (EST)
I can't recall who had a pedal that was firm then slowly fell to the
floor, but gained stiffness with pumping. You'll probably get a thousand
replies to this! It's the classis case of air in the lines. Bleed the
system carefully.

You're sure there's no leaking and you've bled the system already ? Well,
I'll still say that it's air in the lines at a high point where it's just
not getting out. Write me back directly if you like and I'll try to find
a piece from our club magazine a year back that dealt with a fix for this!

I had a club member who was going mad with this and someone wrote this
piece complete with pictures (he was a Jag Mech I think) on how he used
to fix this on Triumphs in particular.