SPRING! SPRING is here!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SPRING! SPRING is here!
From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 13:53:16 -0500
        It's SPRING!  After the worst winter in many years here in the
east, it's 70 degrees or more outside, bright, sunny, no clouds!  The snow
is even melting!  i was about to get into my CRX when I realized that this
was the first chance since november to blow the cobwebs out of the TR6
(and my hair).  Started right up (after fuel got to the carbs), ran a little
rough for the first minute or two, but settled right down.

        The most amusing thing: while putting the top down I noticed that
out from the exhaust an occasional nut was rolling.  No, not nut as in bolt,
but nut as in pignut (brown hickory, common hereabouts).

        Most likely a squirrel had decided the exhausts were a good hiding
place last fall, the last time I drove it to work.  When I parked it at
work a few years ago for a few months (no garage temporarily), the squirrels
put many pounds of nuts in the trunk, around the gas tank, in the engine
compartment, etc.

        Man was it nice to drive without a top again, and without shivering...
;-).  Tomorrow is supposed to be as nice.  So fellow pennsylvanians and other
areas where it's getting warm it's time to get your LBCs out of the garage!
If they're apart, put them together!

        Randell Jesup, '70 TR6