wire wheels...

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: wire wheels...
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 17:58:39 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(wire wheels...) File(MAR16942.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 03-16-1994 .. 16:53:08
>The wire wheel on the right side of the car is missing about 10 spokes.  I
>was told by someone that if a wire wheel has been sitting, that there is
>no way to get it true again, you're going to have to buy all new wheels,
>blah blah...I'd like a second opinion, as the knock off wheels are not
>cheap.

I don't know about missing spokes but my TR-3 sat on its wires
with the tyres deflated for over 12 years. I now use those wheels
(plus a coat of paint) and I don't see any problem's. I did have
the wheels spin balanced when the tyres were installed on them and
that "may" have ballanced out some problem with the wheels but I
don't seem to have any vibration's or anything at least up to
about 80mph. I been drivin on um now for about 8 years.

 ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                 !
 ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University              !
 ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department ofCommunications    !
 ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.          !
 ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                        !
 ! FAX:         (504) 86?-2666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118          !

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!