Britcar vendor list update, wheels, gauges

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Britcar vendor list update, wheels, gauges
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 15:52:23 -0600 (CST)
---------------------------------
Wheel Wizard
2180 Irvindale Drive
Chamblee, Georgia 30341
(This is NE Atlanta)
404-455-0457
800-831-8292
fax: 404-458-9467
Contact: Wendell Davidson, Operations Manager

I've heard several local references to these folks for repair of cast
wheels.  I've seen samples of their work at a car show -- looks good.  Too
bad, but they don't do wire wheels.  I've not done business with them,
only heard references and spoken to Wendell at a show. - Joe
(flake@d311510.atl.hp.com)
---------------------------------
Foreign Speedometer Sevice
3061 Morse Rd.
Columbus, OH 43229
(614) 475-2511

Speedometer, tachometer and gauge repair. Call first to discuss your
problem and get an estimate. - Chris Kent Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>
I've talked to the folks in Ohio.  Seemed like nice, easy to get along
with  folks.  I'm going to be sending them both my LBC speedos in the near
 future.  They will ship it back COD and call first to let you know how
much it  is.  - Larry E. Snyder
3/94: I asked for a quote for a TR6 speedometer repair and was told they
no longer have the parts.  They referred me to Nisonger in NY. - Joe
(flake@d311510.atl.hp.com)
------------------------------------
Ye Ole Wheel Shop
7281 Washington Blvd
Elkridge, MD  21227
800-526-8260

A few years ago I sent off an alloy wheel that I had made egg-shaped in an
accident. The Olde Wheel Shop in Maryland shipped it back about two weeks
later. It was round and they had buffed out almost all the scuff marks.
Considering that it took less *sticky-weights* to balance than the other
three (undamaged) wheels, I'd have to say yes! I am quite pleased with
their service. It wasn't all that expensive either. Somewhere around $100
with shipping and all. - Rik Schlierer
Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 266-6244     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"Let me know if this gets too organized."  - Steve Goodman