SOUL

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SOUL
From: malcolm956@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 94 20:52:50 EST
TO: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
SUBJ: Souls
>I am convinced that my MGB is alive, or at least has a soul.
>I mean,why else would the engine run better when all I've done
>is work on the suspension?

ANCIENT HISTORY:
TDs tended to be high maintenance cars.  There was always a list of jobs as
long as your arm for the weekend.  If you worked diligently for the whole
weekend, come Monday morning you found you still had a list of chores as long
as your arm.  On the other hand it never got much longer.  Just enough to let
you know who was in charge.

In 1959 my TD was really acting badly.  I went for a Saturday drive to CT and
in Westport happened on a TC in a used car lot.  Naturally, I took it for a
test drive.  What can I say
, it drove just like a TC.  And of course while I really did have a certain
interest in it, I couldn
't quite afford what they wanted.

Of course, during all of this the TD just sat there and pouted.  BUT it did
teach it a lesson.  For the rest of the summer the list never got past the
the elbow