Mag repairs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mag repairs
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 9:15:16 EST

> In the late '60s one of the Nygaard twins broke two of the Halibrand mag
> wheels on their Cobra in a racing accident.  I'm not sure where the work
> was done, but they had the breaks welded up and machined.  The result
> was that you couldn't see the welds or even tell that the wheels had
> ever been broken.

I'm not sure if they do real magnesium "mag wheels" but I've heard several
local references to a shop here (Atlanta) which does wonders on damaged
cast aluminum wheels.  The shop is called Wheel Wizard, Inc.  I spoke (no
pun intended) with the owner at the recent NTW World of Wheels show and
saw some examples of his work.  Amazing.  Suposedly he started a backyard
type shop and grew into a full fledged business.  Rumor says that he
keeps a closed shop and won't let anyone see how he works his magic.  I
had hopes that he would also do wires, but no such luck.

I have a card with address and phone at home.  Drop me a note if you'd
like the details.

Cheers,
Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com

PS.  I enjoyed visits last week in CA with TeriAnn and Roland.  Sorry I
didn't get to set up others.  Maybe next time...