Re: Rover V8 Identification

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover V8 Identification
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 94 08:41:48 EST
Someone (sorry, lost the post) asked what the engine block number was...

        CR8.13:1       (the colon is actually a period located high)
        @13A00232@     ("@" is BL symbol)

These were both on the ID pad. Anyone know what the first one is? Also, in
several places on the block, there is a large "B" stamped into the sand casting.

This appears to be a California TR8 (FI) block.
The heads have the 40mm intake valves, so they're "post SD1". (probably TR8)
(been reading "Tuning Rover V8 Engines" :)
The exhaust manifolds appear to be TR8.

The timing cover has a rope seal, so it's originally P6B.
The distributor is a points type, either P6B or Buick
The intake manifold appears to be a stock Buick 4-bbl unit. (no insignia)

Anyone have any comments/corrections?

Thanks!
Kevin

P.S. The Rover 3500 (SD1) I checked out last night is missing almost everything
     I was going to buy it for! As they say, "if it sounds too good..."