Knock-offs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Knock-offs
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 1994 18:44:48 -0600 (CST)
I"m home now, and I've got the great big book of the B (Bentley workshop/
owners manual) in front of me.  It's good to know that my memory is not
yet failing me...  :)

Quoting from page 32 of "The Complete Official MGB (1962-1974)",
which is a reprint of the 1972 "MGB Tourer and GT Driver's Handbook":

    Wire type (wheels), removing and refitting...Always jack up
    wheel before using the hammer, and always hammer the nuts tight.

Now if I could just find where I read that loosening knock-offs on the
ground leads to spline damage.  The memory of this caution was what
gave me negative impressions of the long handled k-o wrenches I've seen.

Also:

Thanks to the poster some weeks back who gave advice concerning removal
of late B's steering wheel (though this wheel came of a '79 Midget).
We had been trying for months to get that wheel off!  Biscuit the Midget
now has a new indicator switch.  And with a new correct solenoid and
battery, starts quicker than any car I've seen.  I really think that
little car wants to *go*!

"And the droning engine throbs in time with your beating heart..."

kmw