Antique Auto Laws?

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Antique Auto Laws?
From: "Dana P. Henry-TRF" <70471.1433@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Mar 94 09:56:47 EST
               This inquiry is for our friends in Canada or anyone else who
might be familair with Canadian Customs' laws as they relate to antique car
parts.  We have customers in Canada who purchase parts to be sent to them in
Canada, and many times they request that we put a notation on the Customs
paperwork that the parts are for a car that is 25 years old or older.  Can
someone shed some light on the specifics of the law?  At present we have a
customer who has a 1976 TR6, and he is insisting that we put that notation on
his Customs' paperwork (obviously the car isn't 25 years old).  We have
refused to honor his request, and he has called us every name in the book.
What perk does this notation provide for a Canadian customer, how is the
information monitored and enforced, and last but not least, are we logically
within our rights to dishonor this particular customer's perhaps fraudulant
request.  We have no problem at all in including this notaion in bonefide
situations, but this one in particular seems to go over the line.  Comments
please?

                                                               -CHEERS-
                                                                ^^^^^^