Re: For sale, 1959 Triumph TR3A

To: cannis@uci.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: For sale, 1959 Triumph TR3A
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 94 08:35:14 -0800
In message <199403020041.AA10919@orion.oac.uci.edu>  writes:
> 1959 Triumph TR3A, British racing Green with tan interior, Wire wheels
> with new white wall tires, Fully restored. Freshly rebuilt Blackwatch Racing
> motor with 87mm pistons ported & polished head, rebuilt trans, new wiring
> harness, all new electrical components, new exhaust system, marine quality
> chrome all around, rebuilt front suspension with polyurethane bushings, all
> new tie rod ends all suspension pieces repainted and restored to high
> standards. Triumphest award winner, can be seen in premier issue of
> European car magazine, Complete photo documented restoration too much
> to list. $13,000 OBO Casey Annis , Phone Day 714-725-2234, Evening
> 310-433-7511 e-mail cannis@uci.edu

Going through a similar rebuild right now, I would say that $13K, while a bit
high for most TR3s is way cheaper than doing a full restoration and a heck of a
lot quicker, easier on the blood pressure and will not accelerate the graying of
hair like a rebuild project would.  If its as good as Casey says it is and
someone wants a good 3, you should probably buy it.

BUT, about this Triumphfest award thing....  There are awards for just about
everything from rally to worst disaster driving to Triumphfest.  I'm assuming
you are writing about the funcourse.  Having judged a funcourse, and having my
own TR3A just miss a bronze because one of the judges didn't judge the interior
(side curtins were in place along with hood).... just before I took it off the
road for a restoration, I know the judging standards are extreamly lax.  The
judge is to stay 3 feet away from the car being judged.  Originality of parts
and placement is not suposed to be counted (I ran into trouble because the first
car I judged was a very unoriginal but very nice looking long door TR2.  Even
today the owner still grumbles about me causing him not to get a gold award)

The important things are finish, cleanlyness (good for a driver), and lack of
dents, rust, and tares in the seats, rails etc.  Originallity has very little to
do with the judging.  Why they wouldn't even deduct points for my stainless
steel brake lines or stainless steel fixings. and the fact that they are not
painted.

Hope you find a good home for the 3 casey, and if its as good as you indicate, I
think you're selling it cheap.

TeriAnn

"Now if I can only get the steering to work..."

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561