Snowbound

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Snowbound
From: TJ_Jerome@tallysys.com
Date: 01 Mar 94 14:41
>Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 14:37:51 -0500 (EST)
>From: DNESS@delphi.com
>Subject: Snowbound
>
>I have a question for all of you, there is a constant discussion at work
>about british words and phrases, I need to find out what the word
>"brick" means in Brit terms.  It seems that someone that a colleague has
>been working with has called him this and its killing him, he doesnt know
>whether its good or bad.

<<< It took me a while to find them, but perhaps the following song lyrics
will help to clarify (sung to an Irish jig cadence):

   Oh --
  "Pat," says I
  "What," says he
  "Where is my hat?" says I
  "There," says he
  "Where?" says I
  "Under the chair," says he
  "Thanks, you're a brick," says I
  "Nevermind that," says he
  "I'd do the same for thee any old time!"

Sounds like a compliment to me!  Ted  >>>
| TJ (Ted) Jerome   Tally Systems Corp.  603-643-1300 x220 |
| Hanover, New Hampshire, USA                              |
| 68 Elan S3 Super Safety Coupe  36/7679                   |
| TJ_Jerome@TallySys.com                                   |