batteries

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: batteries
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 94 07:36:23 EST
Fellow fiends:

Rumor has it that there is a sale at Sears on DieHards.  Now, old '63
aint exactly ready for one, but I am going to get one.  Question is:
when I stop by and ask the salesperson for a battery for a '63 MG B they
sort of just look at me.  Can someone out there in net.land give me a
specific battery number that is appropriate?  Then I can waltz in and
ask for battery xyz and buy it with dignity.

Second question (related to first):   This is likely an FAQ, but here goes
anyway:  is there a danger in getting a high amp battery when the car
came with a lower rated battery to begin with?  I am somewhere south of a
cheese danish when it comes to auto electrics so I am, by deffinition,
asking a stupid question, but perhaps someone will indulge me.

Many thanks,

Will Zehring (aka wzehrin@cms.cc.wayne.edu)