Re: TR-6 restoration

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 restoration
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 4 Feb 1994 14:48:18 U
                      Re>TR-6 restoration

> I am considering painting the car red (guards red; porsche)
> as green is not one of my most favorite colors in a car.
> Given the fact that this car is never going to be a 100 pt
> show car anyway I dont really feel beholden to keep it
> original. What do you all think?

I'm sure there are different opinions on this, I tend to
favor keeping original colors.  On the other hand, my wife
bought a Jensen-Healey a few years ago that was Mandarin
Orange.  It needed a paint job, and she decided to paing it
Pearl White (Nissan Pearl White, to be exact).  Even I have
to admit that it looks better.  Her philosophy was "if you
hate the color, why have the car"?