Re: uh oh....clutch

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze) (Marcus Tooze)
Subject: Re: uh oh....clutch
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 9:17:18 PST
> When I got to work I ppped the lid and checked the clutch fluid level...
> hmmm, half full. I looked around the master cyl., and couldn't see
> any fluid. I followed the pipe down to where it meets the flexible line,
> couyldn't see any fluid. So that leaved the slave cylinder. At lunch time
> I'm going to check that the bleed nipple is not the problem. The thing
> is it only started happening today, so a poss. blown seal in the slave???

When the hydraulics were bad on the snake, most of the fluid (brake and
clutch) ended up inside of the pedal box rather than on the ground.  I
don't even know if your car has a pedal box, but make sure the fluid
isn't coming out the back (pedal) side and ending up somewhere inside
the car where it can't be seen.

Roland