Oil leak on Midget 1500

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil leak on Midget 1500
From: Flavius@learnlink.emory.edu (Steven R. Kopec)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 17:07:16 EST
     I have a 1500cc '77 Midget that is leaking oil(what else is new?).  The
only problem is that it's a lot more than normal.  The leak is centered
around the dipstick area in the sleeve that goes into the oilpan.  What I
need to know is if this is repairable without having to remove the engine
or replace the block itself.  Is it possible to spotweld or seal this is
someway?

      Does anyone have a recommendation on a book for the tuning of Weber
carbs?  I also have one on this same Midget and want to check the mixture
on the fuel.  I need a general reference guide and something to check
overall tune-ups on this piece of equipment.  If anyone also knows of a
place that does this in the Atlanta, GA area it would be greatly
appreciated.

     Thanks and Happy LBCing!

Steven

Steven R. Kopec              "Are you lonely, Are you lost?
flavius@learnlink.emory.edu   This voice console is a must...
skopec@unix.cc.emory.edu      I press execute..."  -Kate Bush
These opinions may be mine or they may not be...you decide.