Re: Bits and Bytes; Moss bashing

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bits and Bytes; Moss bashing
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 16:06:16 EST
Christopher Ball writes:

> As several other people have mentioned you really have to order
> regularily and persist to get a catalogue from MOSS at times. I've twice
> ordred stuff over the phone and told them that I was restoring a Spit
> 1500 but I'm yet to receive the catalogues that I ask for each time. Odd,
> because other than that MOSS has been very helpful.

Well, since the subject came up,

I ordered one of the spiffy, expensive cloth-type hoods (material as found
OEM on Jag and other snazzy cars) for my Spitfire from MOSS, on MAY 5, 1993!
I have almost given up getting mine.  They can't seem to get their relationships
with their fabricators right, which is not totally their fault.  However,
they don't seem very friendly when I call them, say, semiannually, and ask
them about it.  This doesn't seem fair, especially because they are still
advertising the damn things in their newsletters.

Has anyone else ordered such a hood?

                Tim