Lucas wiper motor brushes

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas wiper motor brushes
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 13:49:26 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Lucas wiper motor brushes) File(JAN26942.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 01-26-1994 .. 13:22:19

>Last time I needed brushes for a Lucas wiper motor, Scarborough Faire in
>Pawtucket RI had them.  They were English aftermarket, not Lucas, but seemed
>OK.  I'd recommend checking stock before committing to an order; ScarFaire
>isn't always the fastest at filling backorders and charges before shipment.

It's been quite a while since I had this problem but I seem to remember using
replacement brushes from some other moter here. Possibly they were dremel
tool or electric drill brushes. I did have to sand them into shape but they
seem to work. The trick is to go to a small appliance repair place and get
some motor brushes that a slightly bigger than what you need and CFTF (cut and
file to fit).

 ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                  !
 ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University               !
 ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department of Communications    !
 ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.           !
 ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                         !
 ! FAX:         (504) 865-3666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118           !