Re: MGB tire size

To: lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us
Subject: Re: MGB tire size
From: Andy Banta <Andy.Banta@eng.sun.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 94 07:43:26 PST
> Again, questions on what tires to get for my new toy.
> What reccomendations do people have for tire size on
> a primarily street, occasionally driving school MGBGT.
> 185, 195, 205 -60 -14 or 205-55-14.
> I'm guessing that 195-60-14 is probably the way to go.

For track use, yeah.  This will vary, according to what type and brand
tire you get, but if you can shoehorn a 205-something in, that's all
the better.

For street driving, get a set of 185-70-14s.  This will mean you don't
have to wind it out to 4500 to reach (ahem) highway speeds.  Even with
an overdrive, it's not too uncommon to see 4000, just doing the commute,
on 195-60's.  You don't have an overdrive.

I suppose an option is to get the 195-60's and move to southern
California, thus ensuring you don't see freeways for a while.

andy
banta@abingdon.sun.com