Re: Round arch Spridgets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Round arch Spridgets
From: "Ian.King" <Ian.King@advanced-robotics-research-centre.salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 94 12:57:58 GMT
Yesterday I wrote:
> I believe that all the sebring stuff (including the hardtop) were glassfibre.

The rears and doors were alloy

> These are now available again (along with everything else required to
>"Sebringfy"
> a bugeye, including bonnet, hardtop, back end, correct wire wheels, seats,
>glass
> etc, etc (even a complete new bodyshell) from a firm here in the UK. In
>either glass
> fibre or Diolon(sp?) a kevlar like composite.
           ^^^^^^
Diolen

> An article appeared in a UK magazine a few months back, which was quite
>complementary.

> If anyone is interested I will look up the references (including prices).

Ok, here we go.

The article appeared in the September 93 issue of Classic and Sportscar (pgs
112-115)

The companies involved are:-
Archer's Garage
65 Pope Street
Birmingham
UK B1 3AG
Tel +44 21 236 8510

Produce Sebring Bodywork and Accessories
Glassfibre Rear End     #259 (all prices in Sterling Pounds) - this is not
required
                                                             - but the
originals have alloy rears
Glassfibre Hardtop      #635
Glassfibre Bonnet       #464
More parts are available to complete an authentic replica

Wheeler and Davis
Temple Farm
Temple Hill
Wolvey
near Hinkley
Leicestershire
UK LE10 3HY
Tel +44 455 220689

New Frogeye Bodyshells (made from Heritage Midget Bodyshells)

A full "kit" including body and panels would cost about #4230 inc VAT (17.5%
tax UK residents are
lumbered with)

> p.s. I saw the first one one at a show recently and took a few pics, I keep
>meaning to digitise them
> and put them on the ftp server but haven't got around to it yet.  If I get
>enough interest I might
> actually remember to do it.

Still going to do it... honest

> p.p.s. I also have some pics of a WSM Sprite (even prettier IMHO) now if
>someone has one of those for
> less than 5k then ..... ;-)

The Sebring looks like a mini Lotus Elite (Mk1) the WSM has a more rounded
bonnet, for those that asked.

=%-)

Ian

Finally this months Classic and Sportscar has a real one for sale (on the
inside back cover) at one of the
expensive car sales places (Porters in Kensington. London Tel +44 71 584 7458)
if you're really
loaded/serious!