Re: Newsgroup MISUNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newsgroup MISUNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 10:31:53 PST
In message <199401041810.KAA13586@garnet.berkeley.edu> Paulo de Souza wrote:

>Apparently 99% of the people misunderstood my proposal! I did NOT propose
>to change the list to a NEWSGROUP. I proposed to run a newsgroup parallel
>to the list, with the SAME POSTINGS.

No, we understood.  In fact, if you are proposing a bidirectional news/mail
gateway for British-cars, that's even WORSE than just starting
rec.autos.british.  That would mean we would be flooded with the peurile
"English cars SUCK d00dz, camaros RULE!!" postings even if we want to stay on
the mailing list.

> The list would continue AS IS.

Not with a news/mail gateway.  I would accept a separate independent newsgroup,
or a ONE WAY gateway to a newsgroup (which would have it's own problems), but
not a two way gate.

If that happens, I'm outta here.

  --berry