Fuel Filter?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars)
Subject: Fuel Filter?
From: Jim Brannan <jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 10:52:09 PST
Hello yet again,

Gee, maybe I should batchup a few questions.  Last one for today.

I've not torn down the carbs yet and refuse until the new motor is
started just to have less variables.  So if there is a fuel filter on
the carbs where the fuel line goes in (like some GM carbs) I'm not aware
of them.  All I see in the system (by memory as I'm at work) is the
screen on top of the glass bowl infront of the fuel pump.  Is that it?
Do other TR owners recommend adding a nice quality in-line filter?
Seem's it can't hurt.  If people are adding a filter, are you adding one
after the fuel pump, or one after the pump for each carb, or just one
before the pump?

Interesting, as I finish the morot rebuild, I seem to be having some
time and thoughts on all the other stuff.

Have a good holiday!

Jim Brannan                                             (1966 Red TR4A)
Rocklin, CA
wk: 916-785-4776,  hm: 916-624-9318,  email jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com