GrossJets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars)
Subject: GrossJets
From: Jim Brannan <jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 8:27:54 PST
Hello again...

Well, we're set to drop the new motor in Friday morning and hope to fire
it up around 2:00 (wahy m I getting scared?)...

The reason for this note is a query about GrossJets.  When the car was
running, sometimes the valves in the carbs would stick and gas would
continue to flow causing gas to leak out one of the smaller holes in the
front (I think, best I can recall).  When the engine started, the
vibration seems to cause the valve to close (but I'll be not quite as
cleanly as could have been).  The carbs were rebuilt a few months before
the car was put to rest (almost a year ago) to await a rebuild.  So, it
has sat with the same gas, ...

In one of the MOSS or TRF catalogs there was a picture and blurb about
GrossJets and how wonderful they are.  Is this true? OH, incidently, I
have ZS carbs.  My plan is to get it running, then take the bottom of
the carbs off, clean, clean, and clean some more, and see if that is
sufficient for now.  As I write this, I seem to recall someone writing
that if the car has GrossJets, take them out.  Advice?

Jim Brannan                                             (1966 Red TR4A)
Rocklin, CA
wk: 916-785-4776,  hm: 916-624-9318,  email jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com