SU mods

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: SU mods
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Nov 22 10:17:36 1993
Just a belated comment re modifying SU carbs.

For racing use ONLY, through-boring the carbs works well.  This
means that you are going to be spending all your time at or above
5000rpm.  Otherwise, do not through-bore as the car will have awful
driveability....at least it did on my car.

But with most of vizard mods plus throughboring, I could outpull
equivalent cars with a weber, so long as I did not let the revs drop.

I also used WD40 on the piston and no other oil.  BG needle worked
best.  Actually, if I was willing to screw with modifying the
needle, I could have improved low speed driveability as little...but
it was not that important.

Jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or jfuerstenberg@zz-linkl.dcmdc.dla.mil

"Here's to our friends the good guys.  And here's to our enemies, the
bad guys.  And here's to the hope that we can tell the difference."

 --Keith Laumer--