Anti-roll bars, which are the best?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Anti-roll bars, which are the best?
From: Dennis <IEDXW%ASUACAD.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 93 20:30:56 MST
Ok folks, which brand of anti-roll bars have you replaced the original one
with to get more control?  And which do you recomend?

After inspection of the OE one on my 77 Midget, it looks useless.  The bar
itself looks sturdy BUT the end-link which attach the bar to the A arms look
very wimpy.  They appear to be steel ball structures with bubber bushes inside
to allow some give (if you have seem them this will make sence).  So if I
get a stiffer bar I will still have the same useless end-links right???  Or,
does the new bar come with good diff end-links??

It seems that the bar should be attached to the A arm to allow ONLY up and
down movement of the A arm with the only side-to-side movement caused by
flexing of the arm itself.

Cheers Dennis

PS Why are most parts here in the US so spendy??  I was looking at a copy
of MG enthusiast and:
All this is for a 77 Midget
PART                       UK Price       US Price
Front shock (recon)        $20            $60 (from Apple hydrolics)
Front brake rotor          $18            $29 (Vicky Brit)
Kingpin rebuild kit        $25            $59 (  "    "   )  or thereabouts.

The etc etc list is VERY LONG.