Dist. Pedestal Shimming?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars)
Subject: Dist. Pedestal Shimming?
From: Jim Brannan <jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 12:48:33 PST
Hello net,

URGENT need for info by Friday AM!

Today I hope to pick up the block, crank, etc, etc. from the machine
shop and start some assembly of the motor tonight.  I have one known
issue/challenge: MOSS and TRF do not have the shim/gaskets for the
distributor pedestal.  I was told that the process in Haynes is the one
to use, but is it possible? Really?  As I recall, the process calls for
getting to a 0.003 to 0.007" float.  TRF said figure out the size shim
or gasket required and make it from gasket materialS.  To me seems like
targeting 0.003 to 0.007" with this manner is absurd!  COMMENTS????

What I took out was a thin metal shim which has escaped to ??? So I
don't have it to reuse or pattern.

Jim Brannan                                             (1966 Red TR4A)
Rocklin, CA
wk: 916-785-4776,  hm: 916-624-9318,  email jbrannan@hprpcd.rose.hp.com