Ah, to get out of school

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (spitfire list )
Subject: Ah, to get out of school
From: palmerr@ecn.purdue.edu (Robert G Palmer)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 10:40:48 -0500 (EST)
I only discovered this group a couple of weeks ago, and it has been taking
up my time ever since.  I read the posting every morning, with my tounge
hanging out and the drool spotting my newspaper.  I am chomping at the bit
to get to work on my 78 Spitfire - I have alot to do to get her into tip-top
shape.  Unfortunately I will have to wait.  I am trying to finish up
my thesis by middle of January, find a job, and find some place other than
my apartment complex parking lot to tear her apart.  It's only a matter of
time. Then I am sure my SO will begin hounding me to come in for dinner
while I have my head stuck under the hood.  Thanks for all the great
replies to the few questions I have already asked and I will continue
the entertaining reading as motivation to finish school so I will have
time (and money) to work on the car.

Oh, BTW, Does anyone know where I might find a decent used steering wheel
for the Spit.  The leather on mine is all cracked and broken.  I currently
have it wrapped with cloth bicycle handle bar tape since none of the
steering wheel covers I have seen will fit the fat grip. (I would also
be happy to find a steering wheel cover that would fit - this is the 15"
wheel with thick foam padding under the leather cover, very fat when
compared to most S.W.)  I just don't have the money right now to buy a
new S.W.

--
Robert Palmer, Jr.                                  Purdue University
palmerr@ecn.purdue.edu                              317-494-3750