Midgets and Electronic Ignitions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midgets and Electronic Ignitions
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 7:57:17 -0500 (EST)
This is a very easy task taking less than an hour for the conversion on my 66.
I have a Lumenition system that carries a lifetime warrantee, regardless of
use, i.e. they will honor it even if the car is raced.  I got my system through
TSI in Pandora, OH for ~$200.  This is their intermediate line that puts out
constant power, even if the supply voltage drops low.  This is to cover racers
that run on a battery and no generator.  The installation involved removing the
points and condensor.  I had to file the top of the pin that the points mounted
on to clear the windmill vanes.  The windmill vane plate fits under the the
rotor on the dissy shaft.  I then had to find an ignition switched hot line,
not hard and run the wires to the control box which I mounted on the top of the
wheel well.  Total conversion time was less than an hour.  Well worth it IMHO.
My 77 B had this conversion and I never had an ignition problem and the car
went to 135K miles before I sold it.
MAD, but not over my ignition conversion