Tire Circumference ?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Circumference ?
From: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 93 23:39:26 -0800
I apologize if this is something that I ought'a know, or if it is a
FASQ (Frequently Asked Stupid Question), but what is the nominal
circumference of a 165-13 tire (tyre)?

How much does this dimension vary from one manufacturer to another?

My rims are marked: "4 1/2J-13" (standard Lotus Elan steel wheels)

Are 165-13 tires the correct size for those wheels?

Flemming Larsen

From  rwg1@cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:58:12 2001