mgb oil press delay, bounce drop

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: mgb oil press delay, bounce drop
From: toms@tommy.sharebase.com (Tom Sabo)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 15:37:37 PST
> There also is about a 30-45 second delay before i see any movement
> on the oil gauge when the engine is first started. This seemed a
> little slow to me.

Low oil pressure means too much clearance somewhere.
I dunno where the oil pressure sender is on a B, but if it
is right at the oil pump body, I would say that you have too
much clearance in the oil pump.  Use a wide-spectrum multi-grade,
like 15-50, or 10-50, if you can find it.  This will flow
more oil volume when it is cold, and the viscosity enhancers
will give you more pressure when it is hot.

I would swap the oil pump.  Then you won't have a 60000 mile engine
with a 200000 mile oil pump a few years from now...
--toms.