Land Rover and Lucas save b

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Land Rover and Lucas save b
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 4 Nov 1993 12:30:54 -0600
                       Subject:                               Time:11:56 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Land Rover and Lucas save boy          Date:11/4/93
 One of our church missionaries told me a great story on Sunday. He was in
Benin (west Africa) out at a remote village when one of the local boys got
stung by a scorpion. Although not actually lethal itself, the poison attacks
the nervous system, which can be deadly, and the sting is excruciatingly
painful. Neither I nor the missionary are medics, so I hope I've told it right.
Anyway, he popped the hood of his old Land Rover and gave the boy a couple of
jolts in the finger from a spark plug cable. Apparently the high voltage
separates the nerve endings in the finger, so the pain is not transmitted to
the brain? Anyway it worked, and the boy was relieved of the pain immediately
and they were able to get him to a medical station and he recovered. So Lucas
comes though in the clutch. Thought you Landie fans would get a kick out of
that story.

On a lighter note:
 The Aston-Martin is back on "Jeeves and Wooster". You can see the cycle wings
steering and bouncing around with the front wheels. Wonder if they ever fall
off.
 In "Cool Runnings", the flick about the Jamaican bobsled team, there is a
Series 1 XJ6 and an MGA with a Basset Hound on the hood.