Transmission fluid...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Transmission fluid...
From: Gary L. Berry <glb@s1.gov>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 9:02:06 PST
OK, I think this was discussed a little while ago, but I didn't keep the
info around, so I need to ask about it. I've removed the engine and
trans from my 68-MGC (to replace the clutch). I steamcleaned the trans
and drained the fluid. Now I need to know what to put back in there. The
book gave a long list of various oil companies products, like:

                Mobile  Mobileoil Special 20W/50
                BP      BP Super Visco-Static 20W/50
                Shell   Shell Super Motor Oil 100 (20W/50)
                etc...

But, there was some talk about using automatic trans fluid instead for
smoother/quicker shifting. There was also some talk about syncro wear if
the wrong fluid is used. So these transmissions are hard to find and not
cheap, but i would like to know what to use. Any ideas??
--
| "Theater is Life,                           Gary L. Berry |
|  Film is Art,                                glb@s1.gov   |