oiling problems

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: oiling problems
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Nov 1 08:37:55 1993
RE: oiling problems...

I use an accusump in my mini racecar..it increases the oil capacity
three quarts and provides it under pressure.  For a street car or
the absent minded, I recommend the solenoid shut off valve wired to
the ignition in lieu of the manual valve I use.  I charge the
accusump gradually after an oil change, so as to keep the pressure
up.

The extra pressure/ capacity was useful this season once.  During
the closing laps of a race the speedometor input piece vibrated
itself off of the transmission and I started losing oil....even
after losing 3 or 4 quarts, I still had ok oil pressure and suffered
no eng. damage. Of course that piece is loctited on now.

Jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil