Rover V-SIX (not 8)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover V-SIX (not 8)
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 23:39:00 +0000
-> I was leafing through some Rover literature and noticed that they
-> offer an all-aluminum V6.  Does anyone know whether it, like the V8,
-> is compact, and also whether it has the right included angle (60 deg)
-> or whether it is the 8 with two cylinders lopped off?  The dam'
-> things have four cams.

 Rover has had a V6 for quite a few years now.  It's the 215 with two
cylinders sawed off, and was first used in the MG Metro (not to be
confused with the Geo Metro).  For all practical purposes it's an
all-aluminum Buick V6.

 I haven't seen a four cam version of the V6 yet, though Brabham did a
four-cam version of the 215 V8 thirty years ago.