56 Jag 3.4 Saloon...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: 56 Jag 3.4 Saloon...
From: Gary L. Berry <glb@s1.gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 10:46:47 PDT
        I have been given a chance to buy a 1956 Jag 3.4 Saloon, and I
was wondering what you all might think a good price would be for it. the
history is that this car was restored a little over ten years ago, but
it has been sitting in a horse stall for the last nine. It was parked
because someone put the wrong brake fluid in the system. It was started
a year ago, but has been idle since then. The reason it has sat so long
is cause the owner died, and the wife was waiting to see if either of
the sons would like it. They don't, and now she will be moving, and the
car has to go. The interior needs to be redone, new tires, etc, but the
body and running gear is suppose to be sound. BTW, it has had the engine
changed. The original 3.4 was replaced with an XK140 engine (3.8?) and
now has dual SU's dumping into a C-head. This info is coming from the
mechanic that did the work on it all of those years ago. Has Disc wheels
(not spoked). Says everything worked (except brakes) when it was parked.
So, what is a fair price to pay for this? Any pitfalls I should lookout
for? It's in northern california and apparently has no rust. Bodywork
was finished and it was painted before it was put up also. Thanks for
any info.
--
| "Theater is Life,                           Gary L. Berry |
|  Film is Art,                                glb@s1.gov   |