Overheating

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating
From: mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 93 13:57:45 CDT
I am amused by the lack of knowledge of heat flow out there in
net-land. Heat flow is exponential with exposure time. That
means that if x calories was loss when y gallons spent s seconds
in the radiator, then the square root of x calories would be loss
by y gallons if it spent s/2 seconds in the same radiator.

The opions express in British Car Digest #942 by Scott Fisher and
John R. Lupien are two more data points on my anti-Lucas theory.
ALL of the major electrical problems with all of my British cars
were due to incompent repairs made by previous owners. I follow
the manuals and have never had a serious problem with Lucas
electrical parts.

Martin Frankford