Re: MGA/MGB Gas Gauges

To: uunet!hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Re: MGA/MGB Gas Gauges
From: Ron Peterson <vicorp!ron@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 13:03:25 EDT
>I would be interested as well in resistance figures for an MGB (68-74, neg grou
>gauge because mine is rather prone to telling me I've *lost* up to a 1/4 tank o
>when I've only gone ~10 miles or so.  There are no *perceiveable*leaks anywhere
>be the Magical Mystery Mind Trick of MOWOG where reality bends when the mind is
>confronted with irritating swork as opposed to the other kind).

This must be The Way It Works because mine does the exact same thing ('77 MGB).
Fill the tank to overflowing and 10 miles later the gauge is down by 1/4.
I've just recalibrated my mind to it (and I tend to use the trip odometer as
a measure of gas level anyway.)
       Ron
ron@vicorp.com or uunet!vicorp!ron