Sunbeam Alpine V wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam Alpine V wheels
From: dyip@nas.nasa.gov (David C. Yip)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 93 17:37:23 -0700
Hi:

        I bought a fixer upper Alpine a couple of months ago.  It has wire
wheels that are in dire need of trueing.  The problems is that they are
so rusty and worn that that can't be trued.  The result is that my car
shakes above about 50 mph.  I've replaced one of the wheels with a new one,
but I don't have the budget to buy three more just now.  Are there wheels
from another car that I can put on a series V Alpine that I can drive it
with until I can afford to buy a new set of wire wheels.  Or does anyone
know where I can get a set of the stamped steel wheels for an Alpine
inexpensively.

thanks,
David