Part needed for STAG

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Part needed for STAG
From: jell@km21.zfe.siemens.de (Thomas Jell)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 15:18:41 +0200
Hi folks,

first problem arises with my Stag.

The Speedometer doesn't work. I checked all and found the part.

The speedo drive pinion in the gearbox has lost most of its teeths ...

Here begins the problem.

It's a type35 Borg Warner auto gearbox and NO pinions available. I checked
Rimmer Bros and some resellers here in Germany.

The pinion fitted (not by me, was fitted from an BL official dealer) in my
gearbox is from a type65 (which is still on stock) but it's the wrong size
(bigger) (that's probably why now there are no teeths anymore).

As the gearbox comes from the states this part could be more popular in the
states (part number is 147321 (from BL Part Cat. Apr.78).

Any help appreciated. A used one would be fine, too. Even only for some time to
have a source for "copying".

Thanks

  Tom

Thomas Jell                       |  '79 Spitfire (running, running, ...)
Siemens AG, Corporate R&D         |  '74 STAG     (running)
ZFE BT SE 41                      |  '63 TR 4     (being rebuilt)
Otto Hahn Ring 6                  |
81730 Muenchen                    |
E-mail : jell@km21.zfe.siemens.de |
Tel : +49 89 636 47405            |