Lucas Tripod Headlights

To: hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Lucas Tripod Headlights
From: akguc!tdm@akgua.att.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 93 15:43 EDT
I have 1 Lucas Tripod headlight that will fit my MGA. I am
looking for another to complete the pair.  Anyone have one
of these that they would like to sell ?

I have been considering buying and installing those wire mesh
screens over the headlights.  I'm not sure if I am suffering
from the I-wonder-what-I-can-buy-for-the-MGA-now syndrome and
everyone knows that the screens look dorkie or they look cool.
Actually if I do manage to locate and install the tripod headlights
I will use the screens to add protection to the glass lenses.
Has anyone (non-dorks) installed the mesh screens on your headlights
and how do you like them ?  Thanks,

Don Mathis