Re: bondo and other evils

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, will@ogre.cica.indiana.edu
Subject: Re: bondo and other evils
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 92 13:02:16 pst
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 92 11:51:40 EST
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: bondo and other evils

>I wonder if the flat assertation that bondo is bad isn't taking it a bit far.
>After all, if applied properly, bondo is an inexpensive way to take dings,
>bumps, etc., etc., out of the surface of a car.  As long as it is applied
>over a *completely* dry rust free surface it should last a very long time.

>Will

Indeed.  The forming of the aluminum bodies for ACs and Cobras was so crude
that these cars left the factory with a considerable amount of bondo and
fillers.  My car is 28 years old and I haven't been able to get it all of
yet!  I wished it would just fall off.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282