Re: Vintage 13" Wheel Suggestions???

To: Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Vintage 13" Wheel Suggestions???
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Dec 21 13:28:50 1992
In your message you write:
> Does anyone have suggestions for 1950's (or early 60's maybe) vintage
> 4 lug, 13" wheels that will fit the same pattern as Sprites, but are wider?
> (Sources also welcome)
>
>    ________
>   /___  _  \        Roger Garnett              (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
>  /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | "The South Lansing Centre
> | |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
> | | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
>  \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
>   \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!

Roger,

I think that in the period in which you have interest, most of the wheels
were steel, wire or campagnolo type on alfas, with a few exceptions such as
lotus wobbly web.  The sprite pattern is the same as  a mini, if it helps
any.

Minilites came in around 66-67 and you may be hard pressed to find any
non proprietary alloys from the period you mention.

Jim