Cars for sale?

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Cars for sale?
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 92 08:54:19 EST
Mark J Bradakis writes:

 > I had a nice, relaxing weekend in Indianapolis, and as I usually do when
 > I visit somewhere I checked out the want ads.  Here's a few of the better
 > choices I came across in a Sunday edition of the Indianapolis Star:

 > '60 Triumph, 4 spd., looks, runs perfect  $300

[...] other incredible prices deleted along with my heart fluttering...

 > Oh, did I mention it was from Sunday, August 12, 1973?  You know, in 1973

Thanks alot Mark!  I was almost out the door on my way to Indianapolis
when I caught the tail of this message...  *sigh*  If I had only known
then what I know now...  Of course I didn't have my drivers license
until 1981, so I guess it didn't really matter...

I can remember back 10 years ago (I think) when Mark Holl and I went
to an Austin Healy meet in PA.  There was a perfect '67 AH 3000 for
sale priced around $6000.  I really wanted that to be my first car but
I probably wouldn't have taken the best care of it back then either...
It's amazing how much prices have changed...  I wonder what those
prices did after the '74 Oil "crisis".
---
No matter where you are, there you go.

-Scotty