Re: Rover parts, (power boosters)

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, rgb@hal.com
Subject: Re: Rover parts, (power boosters)
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6478" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 92 14:21:52 PST

>Okay, so order a new diaphram...  NONE of the usual places sold
>it, only new units (how do they build new units, used diaphrams?).
>I was told it was a liability problem...  (why do they sell MC rebuild
>kits?, at least the booster is manually backed up)
>I was told its impossible to rebuild the units.
>?I was told there was NO OTHER option, buy new while its still available?

When I had my GT6 done several years ago (it was sucking brake fluid into the
engine), the origional owners at British sports cars in Santa Clara rebuilt
it for $150.  They had to get the kit direct from England and it cost $110.
They are not easy to put back together. I took mine apart after they did it
cause the band was positioned wrong and I couldn't get it back together, so I
brought it back to them.

>So, I sent it to a brake/clutch rebuild center and for $90 received the
>sandblasted/repainted/revalved unit which I am now using...  AND I forgot

What's the name of the place??

Mike G.
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com