Italian job/BOO-Mini mania

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Italian job/BOO-Mini mania
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 92 10:42:05 PST
          A few weeks ago someone posted the # of a place
     that was selling "Italian Job" videos, unfortunately
     this information was coincidental with a flyer from
     Mini-mania listing the videos "in stock" for several
     dollars less. The fact that I've been a long-time Mini
     -mania customer and they're < 1 mile from my house led
     me to go with them. Bad Move. Since this is for my
     brother's birthday this week, I was in a bit of a
     hurry, and was a bit concerned when the two previous
     times I called Don (the owner) told my they'd be in on
     Monday. Well here it is Monday, and yup, they're in,
     and all are already reserved to the people on THE WAITING
     LIST. I guess new customers are more important than old
     as I was never told they were reserving copies.
     Frustrated at the complete lack of business ethics, I
     now would not purchase this video (and am considering
     a parts boycott as well) from them no matter what the
     price, and so I need the # of the other place, please.
          Sorry to have soapboxed it, but as you can
     probably tell the complete degradation of the service
     industry is a pet peeve of mine.

          thanks in advance-
                         dstone@sc9.intel.com